Techtextil India, the premium international show for technical textiles and nonwovens was inaugurated in Mumbai today. The mega event hosts over 175 companies from India, Austria, Belarus, China, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland.
The inauguration saw dignitaries like
- Dr Jürgen Morhard, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Mumbai
- Dr Anoop Rakshit, Executive Director, Indian Technical Textile Association (ITTA)
- Mr Michael Jänecke, Brand Management Technical Textiles & Textile Processing
- Mr Elgar Straub, Managing Director VDMA Textile Care, Fabric and Leather Technologies
- Mr Pramod Khosla, Chairman ITTA & CMD Khosla Profil Pvt Ltd
The launch of Texprocess Pavilion, which saw a steady number of visitors throughout the day, was one of the biggest highlights at the exhibition. With India being one of the leading markets for textile manufacturing and exports, there has been continuous need for enhancements in the technology used in this sector. The pavilion proved to be a centre point for product manufacturers to get live demonstrations and evaluate the latest technologies available for their line of business. Market leaders such as IIGM, Tukatech, Mehala Machines Ltd., Turel Sales Corporation, GA Morgan Dynamics Pvt. Ltd., Bierrebi, Optitex, Lectra are among the key brands providing live demos at this pavilion.
Other technologically advanced solutions launched and demonstrated include:
- Arselon, a flame-resistant, high-temperature resistant fiver that will not melt, drip, or support combustion in air by OJSC SvetlogorskKhimvolokno
- Direct Laser Engraved Rollers, launching for the first time in India by Image Gravures
- Mehgies Airtex magic FR duo, a digital print fabric with textile texture, lending a natural radiance by Low & Bonar
- The Loom Travclean (LTC), automatic travelling cleaner for weaving machines by Luwa India
- PREMIUMCUT ELC, single ply CNC cutting machine by Mehala
- Meta Aramid Fabric for gloves, replacement to carcinogenic (cancer causing) asbestos in the industry by Tex & Twist
- Evereco Polyurethane Reactive (PUR), 100% solid content/ organotin-free and toxic- free substance that are Excellent Hydrolysis & Heat resistant
Besides these, leading textile players such as Reliance Industries, Welspun, Garware Wall Ropes, Groz Beckert, Khosla Profil, Luwa India, Lenzing AG, Archroma, and CHT India are also presenting sector advancements at the three day fair.
Additionally, as the Official Partner State for 2017 – the Government of Telangana was also seen promoting textile policies and networking with potential investors at the fair. The Department of Handloom and Textiles is currently working to strengthen the textile and apparel industry, and has launched many incentive based programs in areas such as capital support, power tariff and land price to attract investors. The Kakatiya Integrated Mega Textile Park is one of the key focus areas presented by the state at the 6th edition.
Day two of the fair will focus on presenting a global outlook through Techtextil India Symposium and an exclusive telecast of the 56th edition of the Dornbirn MFC. While the symposium will cover upcoming trends in geosynthetics, textiles in aerospace applications, fibre innovations for functional and value added nonwovens, and sustainable practices, the Dornbirn MFC telecast will allow textile professionals from India to have first-hand access to the plenary lectures on environmental friendly solutions in textiles.
In light of the government’s growing focus on making India the textile hub, the trade fair has drawn strong support from Ministry of Textiles; the Department of Handlooms and Textiles, Government of Telangana; Indian Technical Textile Association; and the renowned international association – VDMA Textile Care, Fabric and Leather Technologies and will be open to trade professionals until 15 September 2017
For more information, please visit www.techtextil-india.co.in
To learn more about our textile fairs worldwide, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,300 employees at some 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €647 million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: